Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Meaning....

Thought I might as well start with a poem I'd written a little while back. It's a wonderful thing really - Poems. One moment you feel as though writing poems would be the same as making a hole in a brick wall with your fingers. The very next moment however, when you are turned on emotionally, all brick walls seem to be made of hot cheese. There are no poems without emotions. They really are one of the best vents to let out your feelings; feelings that hurt, that burn you inside, that give you that mysterious sensation of falling infinitely but at the same time making you feel human again, making you feel yourself. They make you feel weak, yet strong; sad, yet happy; They give you pain, but such an enigmatic pain that begins to feel sweet. It's a drug really, you may be afraid of emotions, but when you experience them, you get such a pleasant feeling, one you get so used to that you can't live without it. And poems are poems cuz they show us as we are inside. They are pure, untouched by this world, something you should respect for all that is worth. Well, here's the poem...

MEANING

I fail to understand what I ought to do,
the time of uncertainty when I look at you
In your eyes, I see my soul,
my miserable self without a goal...

falling deep into this river,
feelings so deep, emotions that sever,
growing tired of my expectations,
growing sick of my heart's vibrations...

Reminiscing about my lonely past,
Seeing the present that's moving so fast,
The ship of my future with a broken mast,
My Life, My soul that's not meant to last !

I look into your eyes, nothing I can see,
Nothing but my own true self, my lonely life and me,
Lookin' into a sea of help, t'was never meant to be,
I just wanna leave, but my tears won't set me free...

I want to run away, but my legs won't take the call,
I want to move along, but my spirit takes a fall,
I want to calm myself, my heart just goes on bleeding,
I want to live again, but life no more has a meaning !!!

There it is. I wrote it when I was feeling really sad, I didn't know what to do. I wrote this and suddenly, the world was all better. Do comment on how it is.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey...
really nice poem....

I will start my blog too now, even if I am a bad writer.


Keep Writting & keep smiling

Chetan Mahajan said...

Awesome poem yaar...really...u should consider a career in poetry...believe me..you'll be very successful...the poem was touching and what you mentioned in the text above is true too...I will consider learning 'appreciation of poetry' to be able to appreciate this one truly...haha...anyway...we wish to see some more good stuff of this sort from you soon...best wishes!!

-Arrivederci!

Unknown said...

hai a very hearty and touching poem .....from where u got the inspiration ......
good work man ......

Anonymous said...

very nice and touchy poem and the blog's great

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

oyyye bakar ...yeh foto kaha se churaaya...

aur dusri poems...kab post karega..

Anonymous said...

Really yaar its So emotional & heart touching one & it expresses the real true feelings inside a person who is sad .....Actually i must say i don't hav words to describe it ........but it proves that u hav already got so many good qualities & there is a hidden poet in u too.....I will say excellent one....

anand said...

do i know the poet :)

Shruti said...

Hey Siva,
awesome, excellent n really a touchy one........
gud work yaar...
seeking to read more from you....
keep it going...
n to tell ya, this has actually inspired me to give words to my thoughts too..
thanx....

Anonymous said...

Hey Dude, awesum poem......it seems kisi se ladai ho gayi thi .....he he.....well waiting for the next poem when ur mood will be ok.....

Neways.....really gud stuff....keep going....IIM waalo ko ek-do poem to suna hi dena....

Anonymous said...

That was really cool!

Shiv said...

Hey....When did u make that one.....I never knew.....Not Fair.....
Anywayz.....like everyone said.....Superb.....but I know the next one will be even better.....for u r the true Saiyajin.......Hehe...

Lots of admiration from Shiv....
And lots of love from ur brother....

Unknown said...

nice work siva :)

The Young Saint said...

"I want to live again, but life no more has a meaning" - Probably the best lines.

Welcome to BlogoSphere.
All the very best dude.

Unknown said...

hey man i already like this poem
it is published in the second edition of MO

About the blog ..
It is simple and looks relaxing to eyes,, its like calm water with pleasant sound of green leaves moving by notorious wind.. All the Best

M@u!i...believe urself!! said...

nice blog sir...too gud!!..

n wat to comment on the poem...already did on the forum...but still its a poem xpressing all the feelings as they actually are!!..AWESUM!

Nukul said...

mast poem hai baap...really gr8 one...i agree with Chetan abt ur carrer in poetry...aur likhte rhena...

Siva said...

Thnx a lotttt everybody ! Yaar, I can't make a career in poetry because I can't write a poem at will. I do it when I feel like writing it. That feeling may take a long time to appear !

Unknown said...

awesome

Prateek Neema said...

hey Siva these line from u truly express the ocean of emotions what u had at the time when u had written those. I can c a clear syncronization in ur words and the way u narrated it is very appriciable..

Unknown said...

Awesome Poem Shiv..
Really makes meaning..:)