Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life Thru' My Eyes ...

It wasn't a usual day. I was feeling unusually weak with the fever I was having. I was walking alone and wasn't talking a lot, quite unusual again compared to how I really am. I felt an urge to sing to myself like I always do but thought I'd rather stay silent within and just think. Saw some people sitting and complaining about something and their tense faces made me remember some other faces, some faces that are always unhappy no matter what; faces that are strained, bogged down by problems and worried about how unfair their life is compared to others. Suddenly I became aware of the lines on my tense forehead. I stopped, smiled, relaxed and then continued walking. I really wonder if I have understood them completely. Maybe I've never had any problems so enormous in magnitude in the short 22 years that I've lived. Maybe I've to see a lot in life to really understand how miserable your life can really make you. Maybe. Maybe Not!

I don't remember the day when I started finding my problems melt away as soon as I started smiling at them. Perhaps it's the same day when people started calling me lucky. I always wonder if luck exists. If it does, perhaps I am lucky enough to find good fortune seeking me out every time. Or maybe it's just me who only sees good fortune and not bad. If I really give it a thought, there are enough things to cry about, things that would make me as miserable as any other. But smiling at them always gives me enough strength to face them and defeat them eventually. I really wonder why it's so difficult to do that. Why can't we all feel lucky and special? The light is definitely more visible than the darkness. Then why not see the brighter side of things and keep smiling? Its not that we can't do it! Our birthdays are so special for us. What do we celebrate ? Being one step closer to death or having survived one more year in this treacherous world ? Some more wrinkles on our face or much more wisdom in our brain ? We blow out the candles and still think about the light around us and not the darkness that results. Isn't this how we live the spirit of happiness, of being positive and having that knack of looking at everything with a smile? How we remind ourselves that no problem is worth making our-self suffer for and that celebrating is not that difficult after all?

Problems are not much unlike quicksand. The person who becomes helpless and miserable is gladly consumed by it and the one who knows that he'd float above it can relax, lay on his back and paddle to safety. The catch is that to realise you are inches away from death but those inches will never become centimetres is extremely difficult when death stares you at your face. But then nobody ever promised us that life would be without catches. I have a lot of life to live and a lot of new problems to discover. But more than that, I have many more moments of happiness coming my way. I love life and all that it brings with it. And I believe that till the day I keep smiling at life, I'd always find it smiling back at me !!!

14 comments:

Ritz.... said...

Hey Dear, Nice post... u r really lucky to be a person who require juz a smile on the face n forget about the pain.... n m lucky to have u.... :) :)

Shiv said...

Jesus...Bro I really don't know what to comment...I remember u tellin me all these things...I have tried to apply them but..

Anywayz, beautifully written...Glad to hav u as my bro...just be there to guide me when I need it cuz I know u r the only one who can..

Luvulotz...
Futu

Bharat said...

Hi Shiv, very nicely written.

Unknown said...

Hey Shiv, Thanks for sharing this..Very nice post..answers my upsetness

Amay said...

Well said shiv sir... something which I have meaning to write for ages but was not able to find the words...

Anyways, how are you doing?

Siva said...

@ Ritz : You are a big reason I am this way dear :) And am lucky to have you too :))

@ Bro : I love you :)

Siva said...

@ Bharat : Thanks dude :)
@ Shilpa : Yeah, so don't be upset about the project now. Be happy and let that pass !
@ Amay : Yeah, I know. I've seen you smiling all the time ! So don't be unhappy about being away from home (I know u are) and come back to India soon :)

Anonymous said...

Nice thoughts.. :) And yeah this post did bring a smile to my face too.. Good to know that people as optimistic as u do exist.. Keep smiling and yeah keep doing bakar.. its enjoyable.. :D - Ghaz

Amit Khandelwal said...

nice post buddy..
I can visualise the scenario while reading it on..

Amay said...

^+1

Ritz.... said...

one thing more.. nice playlist...
i was always enveloped by my laziness to queue these songs..n listen...u made it comfortable..

thnx for making me a bit more lazy .:) :)

Joshin John said...

Interesting post! And yeah.. keep singing!

Unknown said...

That's really nice. I live my life in somewhat a similar manner. :)

But what can one do when sees pain all around himself?

Shantanu

Siva said...

Can't help such situations Yaar. Do you really remember the sad times that had come like 2 years ago ? Its all temporal ... The sadness we feel all around has gotta leave us soon ... So we can try to get over it.

Try thinking about it all detaching yourself. Think about yourself as a third person and then see things around you, you will feel better. Try it once :)