Saturday, March 22, 2008

TRAIN

Hey Guyz,

GD/PI Results for admissions into the National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) came out day before. That was probably my worst interview ever...

They asked me the name of the subjects I had this year, With all this interview stuff who has got the time to attend the college anyway ? I couldn't tell. Then they asked me the subjects of my last semester. I had to put a lot of strain on my mind (and quite visibly) to answer that one.

As if this wasn't bad enough, they asked me the authors of the books that I studied. Hell, I don't remember the subjects, how the hell am I supposed to remember the damn authors ? The next question - "What are the principles of Data Warehousing ???" (Where did that appear from ?) . Five Short minutes of agony and then it was all over. I knew I had no chance whatsoever of getting selected. Hey, but they took me !!!

I don't know why they do all this if they were going to take me on the basis of my CAT score eventually...

So here I'm writing a poem which I'd written on my way back from NITIE sitting in the train. I had to do something to cheer me up. So I wrote some thing not-so-sad this time. This is different from all other poems because I wrote this due to pure boredom. So no feelings attached !!! Hope you enjoy...

TRAIN

I am travelling in a train this time,
This line is here just for rhyme...
It's not that I enjoy being in a train,
Just don't have the dough to afford a plane...

This is the fifth line, what should it be ?
Yeah "Ohh God, Why it has to be always me ?"
All my fellow travellers are so very old,
Old is gold, but who wants old gold ?

I want gold that is brand new,
But beautiful girls here are so few...
And none whatsoever are here with me,
One's here are so old, they can't even see...

Expecting more is hittin' a wall of bricks,
Wonder why gods made so few cool chicks...
They'll do without brain, I don't care
Beauty and Brains is anyways quite rare...

Awight, I cut the topic, Try to forget these moments,
Ladies kindly forgive me for my preposterous comments...
I gotta stop writin', Its' already the 19th line,
Got a lot more to say, but well, some other time...

There's a reason I wrote this, my frnzz said,
No more sad poems, hope u enjoyed what u read...

Ohh & this line's just here as post script,
Au Revoir frnzz, see ya after this trip !!!


There it is frnzz, hehe, not quite a poem eh ? Do comment on what you think !!!

10 comments:

Chetan Mahajan said...

Hell man....!!! AWEEESSSSOOOOMMMMMEEEE poem there...probably the best one that I read from u...really...I mean...the others were great in their own right too...but this one was real fun...see...getting bored is not so bad after all...hehe...great work!!! Too many dots [...] in this comment...nevermind...[:d]

anand said...

hey congrats, first one is down, I guess many more to go :)

keep rockin both literally and figuratively

Shiv said...

Heyyo...I wont say that wuz the best of ur creations.....But yeah a quite interesting one.....

Never knew u had to travel with the oldies....Sorry for that...But I bet u saw all the greenery at mumbai bro....u wouldn't have missed that....the theory of equivalent exchange applies everywhere.....Hehe.....

Anywayz keep it comin...Nice piece of work here.....Best o luck for the next one....Regards!!!!!

M@u!i...believe urself!! said...

CONGRATULATIONS SIR!!
n the poem is awesum too...!!:):)

The Young Saint said...

You scored Good percentile at CAT,
No wonder that you wrote that,
girls should never grow fat,
and I'm gonna end this chat.


P.S.: A li'l congratulatory poem for my great friend.

Siva said...

Thnx a lot frnz !

@ Chetan : Hey, I never thought it would be appreciated SO MUCH by you. BTW, you asked me to write something more cheerful the next time around. So there...Thnx !

@ Anand Sir : Thnx sir, yes, I too hope that this is just the first one in a long chain and yeah, keep rocking I shall !

@ Bro : Ahhh..."The theory of equivalent exchange" - quite a theory that is. It really DOES apply to most of the things in life. But sometimes the things that we get have a slightly more val;ue than what we give (or the other way round). There it is not equivalent anymore. But I'm happy...

@ Mauli : Thnx a lot dear ...

@ Abhi : Hey that was a good one for its size...Post it in your blog ! "Girls should never grow fat"...Yeah I understand [;)]...Thnx for the congs !

Kartika said...

I know how it feels to travel like tat... sob sob!

but.. I guess..

Oldies, no girlies nd inactivity,
Have paved way for ur creativity

da poem was grt! wud b waiting for ur next work..adios!!

unfuel the planet said...

boredom can also be used very creatively.

Anonymous said...

really gud one...
thr's one story I started on my blog which I found recently...
hope u like it...

http://alotofjoy.wordpress.com/

Psychedelic said...

Random visits and a few clicks..
Dint know boredom makes minds positively tick..
I do notice my wrong english..
But what the hell we are anyways meant to blurt gibberish!!!

Wou!!! You(read:yr wonderful poetry) were my "official" muse for the above 'penned' crap.. lol!! But yr poem was simply awesome.. made me Laugh Out Loud.. :D